Sterling Bank Employee Scholarship

200 places: could one be yours?

Get up to 70% off your online MBA at Nexford University.

Sterling Bank logo

Featured in Fast Company Forbes BuzzFeed News TechCrunch This Day Think Marketing The Pie News

Tools for an extraordinary career

Up to 70% off tuition

With a Sterling Bank Employee Scholarship, you'll get either 70% or 20% off your American degree.

Apply now

Only 200 scholarships

Access award-winning education, 100% online, from Nigeria. Make your move: limited places available.

Find out more

First come, first served

Don't delay: for a limited time only, you can apply for just $25. Plus there are only 100 scholarships available at 70%. Once they're gone they're gone!

Am I eligible?

Learn more about Nexford’s MBA: please use your Sterling Bank employee email address

Submit your details to learn more about our 100% online, next-generation MBA degree program. You’ll receive our MBA brochure, as well as personalized information to help you choose the right program for your goals.

Achieve your potential, follow your passion

Sterling is committed to connecting you to your passion. It's never business as usual, it's a place where you can make a difference because what you do at Sterling matters.

Why choose Nexford? We designed our degrees and programs based on the needs of the world's largest employers. Less theory, more job skills – 100% online. Watch Nexford’s video about human potential.

Earn a place and spend $54/month (with 70% off) or $144/month (with 20% off) for an MBA degree.

Sterling Bank Employee Scholarship FAQs

If you want to achieve your potential don't let questions hold you back.

Quality you can count on

Nexford brings quality education to people everywhere. Sterling and Nexford teamed up to make American degrees even more affordable for the talented Sterling Bank employees.

Nexford is accredited by DEAC, which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). We are a degree-granting institution of higher education, licensed by the District of Columbia Education Licensure Commission.

Am I eligible?

About Nexford’s MBA

A graduate management degree for experienced professionals. Apply big-picture themes shaping global business to your career. Sterling Bank’s scholarship covers tuition for your degree online for 18 months, which is the average time it takes to complete the degree.

Discover MBA

About the scholarship

Receive either 70% or 20% off your monthly tuition, up to a total of 18 months. You will need to pay a one-off application fee of $30 to show your commitment. To apply, you must meet Nexford’s MBA admission requirements.


To receive the 70% scholarships, you must:

  • Must have spent a minimum of 2 years in Sterling Bank's employment
  • Must be full employee of Sterling Bank (ET – GM) also covers Sales Associates
  • Must be in top quartile in terms of performance within your grade (this will be confirmed by Sterling’s Learning and Development)

To receive the 20% scholarships, you must:

  • Must be full employee of Sterling Bank (Trainee – GM) also covers Sales Associates

What you need to apply

  • Everything outlined in our admission requirements
  • Proof of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution
  • Proof of English language proficiency.

How to apply

  • Head to
  • Pay a one-off application fee of $25 to show your commitment.
  • You must apply with your Sterling Bank employee email address
  • Don't miss out! Limited places available – once they’re gone they’re gone!

Scholarship FAQs

If you receive a Sterling Bank Employee Scholarship, you’ll receive a unique code which will reduce your tuition fees by either 70% or 20%. Enter this code when you enroll. Make sure you use the code within 30 days from receiving it – otherwise it will expire.

Remember, if you receive a scholarship for 70% you'll need to pay for the remaining 30% of your tuition. If you receive a scholarship for 20% you'll need to pay for the remaining 80% of your tuition. So, while our tuition fees are designed to be affordable, we still recommend that you check them before applying.

We'll assess your application and liaise with Sterling Bank to see if you fit the specific criteria. The final decision is at the discretion of Sterling Bank.

You must be a new learner to apply for this scholarship. If you're a current learner, we have many more opportunities planned: stay tuned!

The Sterling Bank Employee Scholarship is designed for people with big ambitions. That's why we expect you to maintain a 3.0 GPA on the MBA.

Of course, we'll help you stay on track with support, coaching and mentoring throughout your program.

You can complete the MBA in as little as 12 months, with a standard completion time of 18 months. Please note that your scholarship will run out after 18 months.

Yes! You'll still need to enroll. Once you receive an official email that you've been awarded a scholarship, and that you have been admitted to Nexford University, you must enroll within 30 days using your unique email code.

Your scholarship will expire if not used within 30 days.

When enrolling, you'll have the opportunity to choose your program start date because we understand learners often need time to make plans before they can start a program.

Sterling Bank will confirm if you meet their internal criteria.

Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate management degree for experienced professionals.

Your Grade Point Average (GPA) is the average of all the grades you earn in your degree. We calculate your GPA on a four-point scale: 

  • As receive 4.0 
  • Bs receive 3.0 
  • Cs receive 2.0 
  • Fs receive 0.0

We don't grant D or E grades. To hold your scholarship, you'll need to keep your GPA above 2.5 for BBA, and 3.0 for MBA

More questions?