Reasons to study a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
A BBA is one of the most popular professional degrees that will teach you about the fundamentals of management and business and help you get ahead in business
Many learners come out of school not knowing what type of degree they should go after. There is so much choice out there that it’s not surprising that learners start a degree and then change course a short time after starting it.
About 80% of students in the US end up changing their degree at least once according to the National Center for Educational Statistics, so it is important to do your due diligence before jumping in feet first. Along with buying a house, deciding what degree to study, with a reputable university like Nexford, is one of the most important decisions of your life and that’s because your first qualification will determine your next job, the impact you will have on that job and your personal career trajectory.
If you have left school and are trying to decide what to study further, or you have a job and are sick and tired of others getting pay raises and promotions ahead of you, many would recommend a BBA. But why? Well, let’s first delve a little deeper into what a BBA is and why it should matter to you.
What is a BBA?
A Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA), typically offers a broad overview of business, including core courses in areas like management, accounting, economics, marketing, and more. In addition, a BBA often allows students to choose a concentration in an area relevant to their career goals, like human resource management, finance, public relations, or international business.
The degree is a great proof point to prospective and current employers that you have what it takes to shine. The grounding in marketing, business management, and strategy creates a dynamic foundation for your career. In fact, as you read this, employers and recruiters around the globe will have done thousands of searches for people with this qualification.
You see a BBA degree will help you develop solid business acumen, and decision-making abilities, which will stand out on your CV and in the workplace. It will also help you in landing that dream job or help you increase your chances of promotions and pay raises.
We have already covered exactly what a BBA stands for but there are so many still unanswered questions that we will endeavor to answer for you here.
Q2. What can I expect to earn with a BBA? A2. On average $41,250 with top earners expecting to earn around $73,000.
Q3. How long does it take to get a BBA degree? A3. There is no hard and fast rule as this may differ from institution to institution. As an average though it would be four years (48 months) of study.
Q4. What BBA core courses are on offer at Nexford? A4. Business Foundations and Career Success, International Business, HR Management, Management, Digital Transformation and Innovation, Marketing and Communications, Finance, Accounting and Capstone.
Q5. What is a BBA in Marketing and Communications? A5. With a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, you’ll delve deeper into Marketing Fundamentals, Digital Marketing Fundamentals, and Content Marketing and Social Media.
Q6. What is a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration? A6. The BSc Business Administration allows you to gain a systematic understanding of management-related problems and conceptual tools for analyzing and evaluating management issues.
Q7. What is an associate degree in business administration called? A7. A business administration associate degree is an associate of science (AS) degree, a 2-year degree typically focused on business, technology, or practical sciences.
Q8. What can I do with a business administration associate degree? A8. Quite a lot, but the main vocations are, Project Manager, Accountant, Sales Manager, Office Manager, HR Specialist, Civil Engineer and Customer Service Advisor.
Q9. What is a better degree, business administration or business management? A9. Business administration tends to be a better fit if you are looking to start an entry-level business career. If your career plans include management or operations — or if you’re already well-established in your career — you may be better suited for business management.
Q10. What is the cost of a Nexford BBA? A10. At Nexford, you’ll invest in your future, not in a campus. Our monthly fees are calculated in line with your local economy, which ensures you never pay over the odds. See what it’ll cost in your market here.
Now that we have answered some of the most pressing questions surrounding a BBA, many would still ask the most burning one and that is quite simply, why do I need to do a BBA?
Top 5 reasons to do a BBA Degree
1. It is a versatile degree While most degrees, especially at the bachelor’s level, are more about theory, BBA degrees are a combination of theory, practical knowledge application, and personality development. You also learn many different skills that will make you a wholesome professional and set you up for success.
2. It covers multiple disciplines The different disciplines covered in a BBA degree are marketing, accounting, strategic management, human resources management, and organizational behavior.
3. It is a professional degree Students can get placed in good companies right after getting their BBA degrees and have a very high employment rate.
4. It is the stepping stone to an MBA BBA is excellent preparation for an MBA. You are mostly taught the same things, but you delve much deeper into the subject in an MBA. This way, you know the fundamentals well and are better prepared.
5. Higher salaries and benefits With this degree, you open doors to the best managerial and administrative professions where the salary and benefits are the best. You also get promotions much quicker, and when you switch companies, you can get a sizeable increase in pay as well (but that also depends on your negotiation skills).
Why a Nexford BBA?
All Nexford degrees are skills-based and have virtually no theory attached to them. Why this approach? Quite simply it’s because most organizations are looking for candidates who are not merely book-qualified but skillful. In addition to enhancing your knowledge, a Nexford online BBA degree program helps you acquire the necessary professional skills. These tactical skills of leadership, management, and decision-making will increase your chances of standing out from the crowd and landing your dream job.
1. It’s affordable You’ll never have to pay over the odds to graduate with this degree.
2. You can study at a flexible pace The standard completion time is 48 months — but many learners finish faster. Learn at a pace that suits you without having to abandon other commitments. And the faster you learn, the less you pay.
3. 40 courses With 73 courses available to choose from, personalizing your bachelor’s is easy, allowing you to pick a pathway based on your career goals.
4. Specializations: 8 With eight specializations on offer, a world of choice awaits. Whether you want to build a start-up, lead a global organization, or become a marketing guru, whatever your choice we have a specialization to match your goals.
5. A single application fee You only have to pay a once-off application fee of $30, which allows Nexford to process your application.
6. It’s easy to enroll Nexford University’s undergraduate degree program applicants (Associate of Applied Science in Business and Bachelor of Business Administration) must provide proof of high school graduation or of their General Educational Development (GED) or equivalent certificate (for example, HiSET, TASC) and valid copies of their official diploma and transcript. You also have the option to prove that you are comfortable with the English language by taking an online self-assessment at no cost. To test your English Proficiency skills, you have the option to take an online self-assessment, EF SET, designed to meet the same high technical standards as the other standardized tests in the field, such as the TOEFL or IELTS.
Want to learn more? See what our learners have to say in this video then book a call with a Nexford Advisor today.
Mark is a college graduate with Honours in Copywriting. He is the Content Marketing Manager at Nexford, creating engaging, thought-provoking, and action-oriented content.
Join our newsletter and be the first to receive news about our programs, events and articles.